Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Swing Card


Good mornin everyone!! Sure hope your week has been a good one. I'm real ready for Spring, how about you!! Somehow, with the sunshine and warm tempertures... kinda puts a smile in your heart and a bounce in your step!! HA!!


It's time again for the card of the week from the Diva's Coffee Break Team. Our assignment was to make a card using the Big Shot, which is from Sizzix. IF YOU don't have this tool, you should really consider getting one. First of all, all the die cuts and the embossing dies... fo course have their own machines. But if you're like me, I don't have th espace or want the expense of having several different machines. The answer (drum-roll, PLEASE) is the BIG SHOT!!! This machine is known for being able to use the various dies out there in the card making and scrapbooking world. IF YOU would like more information, Stampin' Up! has the machine and we are going to offer several exclusive dies just available from SU!!! That's really exciting!! WOOHOO!


My card.. my swing card was put together by using the Top Note die and the Flower Layers with Leaf die. I used Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set (#113734) on the background of th third layer and on the mailing envelope. I used the following colors: Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point and Whisper White. The card started with a base of the Whisper White at 51/2" square, then two more layers, each with an 1/8" smaller in measurement. I cut 2 Top Notes out of the Brilliant Blue and 1 of the Whisper White. The Whisper White Top Note, cut off the edge and then ink the edge with Brilliant Blue, and attach it to one of the Brilliant Blue Top Notes. The Bashful Blue is the smallest in the base of the card, and is stamped randomly with the Brilliant Blue ink and Bashful Blue ink, using the flower from the Fifth Avenue Floral set. I cut 2 sets of the Flowers and Leaf dies, and layered the flowers to make one, and used the leaves under the layered flower, with the bashful blue button as the center. The Brilliant Blue corduroy brad is put in the top right corner, then the whole top note unit is centered onto the card base.


I do hope you will take a look at the other sedign team members cards... we have a lot of creativity in our group. You could also try the challenge along with us... you'll have fun, I'm sure!! (http://www.divacoffeebreakdesigns.blogspot.com/)


Till next week, at Coffeebreak time.... take cre of you and those you love!!

Denise

Phil4:13

11 comments:

  1. I love the flower and the touch of the button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The cut out flowers and leaves are awesome, and I love how you made the swivel action with the corduroy brad! Great creative idea. Aren't those corduroy brads wonderful?!! I just got two more colors today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that ... love blue! Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Denise! I love the swinging and the flowers. Colors are great too. Great job on this challenge, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! love the colors, love the design!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty,and I love the swing card idea!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card, I like the colour combination! And thank you for your comment on my blog :)
    Greetings,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice job! Very pretty - I love the Top Note die! :D
    I found you through Frankie's blog. :)
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, I am trying like mad to leave a comment on the above post- the one for this week and it clicks like I'm doing something but won't go to a comments page or do anything. Anyway, I thought you should know in case you may be wondering why there are no comments! Your challenge card is very pretty- I love the orange flowers- such nice coloring! Also, the extra scallop 1/2 circle at the bottom is very unique and adds an extra umph! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Denise,

    I really enjoy your projects. Makes me want to purchase some SU goodies.

    Thank you so much for leaving a comment and becoming a follower on my blog. I so appreciate it. *huge hugs*

    ReplyDelete